Discover what the Cannondale Trail 5 bike has to offer and why it is loved by mountain bikers everywhere. Learn all about its features in this in-depth review.
Are you looking for a durable, reliable, and value-for-money mountain bike? Look no further than the Cannondale Trail 5. This all-inclusive mountain bike is equipped with powerful 29″ hydraulic disc wheels and a lightweight SmartForm C3 alloy frame. It has all the features you need for conquering low-impact trails, gravel roads, and leisurely rides. In this blog post, we will take an in-depth look at the Cannondale Trail 5; exploring its advantages and disadvantages, as well as where you can buy it. So whether you’re an experienced rider or just starting out, read on to see if the Cannondale Trail 5 is the perfect bike for you.
What is the Cannondale Trail 5?
The Cannondale Trail 51 is an aluminium frame mountain bike that’s perfect for tackling low-impact trails, gravel roads, and leisurely ride. This affordable bike provides a great balance between ride quality, performance and value, featuring a lightweight and durable SmartForm C3 alloy save frame, 29″ wheels for smooth rolling and plenty of traction, brake levers, a range of sizes from XS to XL, SR Suntour xcm suspension and seat tube for added cushioning.
The microSHIFT Advent X 10-speed shifting gives you smooth, reliable gear changes with each push of the pedal and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide great stopping power in all conditions. The SR Suntour XCM suspension fork helps to absorb impacts, providing a comfortable and confident ride over any terrain. With a price tag of just about $960, the Cannondale Trail 5 is an excellent choice for riders looking to get out on the trails and have a great time without breaking the bank.
How heavy is the Cannondale Trail 5?
The Cannondale Trail 5 is an incredibly lightweight bike, weighing in at just 14.8 kg / 32.6 lbs. This makes it a great option for riders who are looking to enjoy the trails without having to lug around an overly heavy bike. The lightweight aluminium smooth riding frame and components add to the bike’s agile performance, allowing riders to effortlessly manage any terrain with easy maintenance.
How many gears does the Cannondale Trail 5 have?
The Cannondale Trail 5 is equipped with a 10-speed drivetrain, courtesy of the Shimano microSHIFT Advent X shifters10. The 10-speed drivetrain allows riders to tackle a variety of terrain with relative ease, whether it be ascending or descending. The microSHIFT shifters provide accurate and smooth gear changes, letting riders quickly find the perfect gear for any situation. With 10 speeds at their disposal, riders can easily adjust their pedalling cadence to tackle any challenge that comes their way.
How much does the Cannondale Trail 5 bike cost? (in USD)
The Cannondale Trail 5 retails for around $960 USD. This makes it one of the most affordable full-suspension mountain bikes available on the market. With such a high-performance bike available at a great price point, it’s no wonder why the Cannondale Trail 5 is so popular among riders.
Who owns Cannondale?
The Cannondale Bicycle Corporation is owned by the Dutch conglomerate Pon Holdings9. The company’s headquarters are located in Wilton, Connecticut and it has engineering offices in Freiburg, Germany. Previously, the company was owned by Dorel Industries before it was sold to Pon Holdings9 in 2021.
Where are Cannondale bikes made?
Cannondale bicycles are made in Taiwan. Originally, the bikes were produced in a factory located in Bedford, Pennsylvania, however, production was transferred to Taiwan in April 2009 by the company’s then-owner Dorel Industries. The bikes are still designed in Cannondale’s Connecticut headquarters11, but they are now crafted in a Taiwanese factory, where the company’s quality assurance standards are met. Cannondale prides itself on its quality craftsmanship, and its mountain bike built are renowned for their durability, performance, and value.
What are the advantages (features) of a Cannondale Trail 5?
Here are some of the features and advantages that come with the Trail 5 bike:
● A lightweight SmartForm C3 alloy frame1; gives riders an agile ride without sacrificing strength and durability.
● Smooth-rolling and with plenty of traction; 29″ wheels provide an excellent ride on any terrain with exceptionally stable handling.
● MicroSHIFT Advent X 10-speed shifting; enables smooth, reliable gear changes with an easy, intuitive gear shift.
● Shimano hydraulic disc brakes; for powerful and controlled braking in all conditions.
● Price tag of just $960 USD; makes the Cannondale Trail 5 an excellent value for money.
● Stainless steel spokes; make the wheels more durable and less prone to rusting.
● Range of sizes; XS, SM, MD, LG, XL to fit any rider’s height.
● Ideal for low-impact trails, gravel roads, and controlled ride; perfect for a wide range of riders.
● A large variety of helpful components; includes a saddle, handlebar, Seatpost, and grips for comfortable rides.
● A 3-year warranty;1 give you the peace of mind that your bike is covered for any unexpected issues.
● Health benefits; biking is a great form of exercise that can help to improve your overall health and well-being.8
What are the disadvantages of a Cannondale Trail 5?
As with any mountain bike7, the Cannondale Trail 5 is not without its disadvantages. Here are some of the drawbacks of this model:
● Less durable frame; alloy-made frame which can be less durable than other materials such as carbon fiber.
● The bike does not have a dropper post; which makes it more difficult to adjust the saddle height for more technical riding.
● The frame is slightly heavier than other models in the same price range; making it less nimble and harder to accelerate than lighter models.
● The 29″ wheels may not suit all riders, particularly those who are shorter in stature.
● Weight limit; maximum weight limit of 275lbs which may not be suitable for heavier riders.
Where can you buy a Cannondale Trail 5?
The Cannondale Trail 5 is available at various retailers both in-store and online. In-store, the bike can be purchased from Cannondale dealers1 across the USA. Online, it can be found on Cannondale’s official website as well as other popular bike stores such as REI, BikeTek, BikePlace, Conte Bikes, and more. However, it is advisable to purchase the bike from an authorized dealer to ensure the best quality and value for money.
Is a Cannondale Trail 5 worth it?
The Cannondale Trail 5 is an excellent bike that offers great performance and value for money. It is lightweight, smooth-rolling, responsive, and easy to maintain, making it ideal for a wide range of uses from hitting low-impact trails to leisurely rides. Furthermore, its price tag of just $960 USD makes it a great choice for budget-conscious riders. While it may have some drawbacks such as the weight limit and lack of dropper posts, these are minor issues compared to its overall quality and performance. All in all, the Cannondale Trail 5 is a great choice and certainly worth considering.
The Cannondale Trail 5 is an excellent bike for those looking to get into the world of mountain biking without breaking the bank. Its lightweight frame, smooth-rolling wheels, and range of helpful components make it a great choice for riders who want performance without the hefty price tag. Although there are a few drawbacks, such as its frame and weight limit, the Trail 5 can still provide a great ride for many. With dealers both online and in-store, the Cannondale Trail 5 is easily accessible and highly recommended for anyone looking to get into mountain biking.
What are your thoughts on the Cannondale Trail 5 bike? Let us know in the comments section below!
Other Bike reviews you might like to check out: