Bicycle commuting is a great way to get some exercise and save money on transportation. Here are the ten best bicycle/cycling blogs to help you get started.
There are a lot of great bicycle/cycling blogs out there, but which ones should you follow? To help make your decision easier, we’ve compiled a list of the top ten bicycle/cycling blogs for fitness professionals to follow. Be sure to add them to your bookmarks so you can stay up to date on the latest in cycling and all things health and fitness!
Who visits Bicycle/ Cycling blogs and websites?
Those who are passionate about bicycles and cycling are the ones who tend to visit these types of blogs and websites. They are looking for information on the latest products, news on the sport, tips, and tricks on cycling, and anything else that can help them improve their experience. Whether they are casual riders who enjoy bike commuting, or hardcore cycling enthusiasts, they all have one thing in common: a love for bicycling.
Also, people interested in buying a bicycle and learning more about the sport often visit cycling blogs and websites. Additionally, industry professionals such as mechanics, bike shop owners, and coaches may use these sites to stay up-to-date on the latest cycling trends.
What are the Top Ten Cycling blogs?
Here are the top blogs every cyclist should follow:
5. Bike Hugger
7. Bike Hacks
8. Cycling Tips
9. Bike Rumor
10. Bike Radar
This is one of the most popular online sites for cyclists and fitness professionals. The blogs on this site cover a variety of topics and are frequently updated with cycling news as well. They offer their readers articles on nutrition, equipment reviews, training tips, and more.
● High-quality content
● Engaging photos
● Some of the articles are pretty long
● It doesn’t have as much information on beginner-level cyclists
This magazine blog offers some great information for both recreational and professional cyclists. The topics covered include gear reviews, bike maintenance tips, nutrition advice, and more.
● An excellent resource for both the average cyclist and fitness professionals
● Covers a wide range of topics
● The website is mainly optimized for mobile devices
This is an excellent resource for triathletes and cyclists of all experience levels. In addition, the site offers interviews with some of the top athletes in the world and training and nutritional advice.
● It provides lots of great articles and resources for cyclists of all levels, Interviews with top athletes
● Consistently updated
● A small selection of videos on their site.
This site is an excellent resource for anyone looking to learn more about long-distance cycling adventures. It offers information on cycling routes worldwide and tips and advice on bike travel.
“We believe that adventure, whether small or large, can be transformative. To live a life of discovery, we must unplug, break from our routines, feel the wind on our brows, and welcome opportunities to feel awe and wonder. A bike is simply the mechanism to get you there. Through inspiration, empowerment, and connection, we open the door to adventure for everyone.”adventurecycling.org/about
● It contains excellent articles on everything from planning a trip and organizing a packing list to techniques for staying healthy while bike touring.
● Offers information on a wide range of different destinations
● Content is geared toward more experienced cyclists seeking more information about long-distance trips.
This is an excellent site for anyone looking to enhance their knowledge about cycling and learn about the tips and tricks used in the sport. The site offers regular blog posts and an app section for its visitors.
- Publishes regular posts with original photographs.
- Written by an experienced cyclist
- Displays too many ads that spoil the reading experience.
If you’re looking for something more lighthearted, Bike Snob NYC is worth checking out. The blog’s signature dry wit will have you chuckling as much as it will inform you, but its mocking tone might sometimes put some readers off.
“My name is Eben Weiss. In June of 2007, as urban cycling was becoming increasingly popular and I was becoming increasingly frustrated with my job, I started an anonymous blog called Bike Snob NYC. The “About Me” read thusly: While I love cycling and embrace it in all its forms, I’m also extremely critical. So I present to you my venting for your amusement and betterment. No offense meant to the critiqued. Always keep riding!“bikesnobnyc.com/about
- Witty and engaging writing style
- Covers a variety of topics related to cycling
- A mocking tone may put some readers off
This is an excellent blog for beginners who are looking for advice on how to choose the right bike and how to get started riding. The tips are essential but very useful, and the author has many years of experience as a bike mechanic, so he knows what he’s talking about.
- experienced editorial team provides insights into all aspects of cycling culture
- wide range of topics covered, from racing to commuting
• not as up-to-date on the latest trends as some other blogs
• articles can be somewhat outdated
As the name suggests, Cycling Tips is about helping you become a better cyclist. Whether you’re just getting started or a seasoned pro, there’s something here for everyone. The articles are well-written and informative, but they can sometimes be technical.
• comprehensive guides on improving performance
• detailed reviews on the latest products and trends
• knowledgeable authors providing insights
• technical language can be challenging to understand at times
Bike Rumor is an excellent resource if you’re looking for the latest news in cycling. They cover everything from new products to race results and do it with a healthy dose of humor. However, some users have complained that the site’s design could be more straightforward and manageable.
● a lot of informative content
● humorous, engaging writing
● regularly updated
● cluttered design
● may be overwhelming for some users
For serious cyclists who want an in-depth analysis of the newest products and trends
• well researched technical reviews on cycling gear
• wide range of topics from road bikes to mountain biking
• not as focused on broader cycling culture than some other blog sites
• can be heavy on technical information for some readers.
The top ten bike/cycling blogs are a great way to get inspired, stay informed and share your passion for cycling with like-minded people in the bike world. Whether you’re looking for guidance on technical aspects of cycling, tips on how to save money, the best cycling gear or just the best bicycle routes, there is something in each blog that can help make your next riding experience even more enjoyable. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and explore some of these great biking/cycling resources!
Do you have a favourite cycling blog? Are you familiar with the ones we have mentioned here? Let us know in the comments!
You might also be interested in our following bike reviews: