Want to get into mountain biking but don’t know where to start? Check out our Scott Scale 930 Bike review to see if it’s the right bike for you!
Are you looking for a beginner-friendly mountain bike that is also lightweight and efficient? If so, then the Scott Scale 930 Bike is the perfect choice for you. The Scott Scale 930 Bike is one of the lightest entry-level mountain bikes on the market that is also packed with features that make it perfect for beginner mountain bikers. In this review, we will go over the key features of the bike, as well as the pros and cons, and give our final thoughts on whether or not the bike is worth the purchase. So, if you’re interested in learning more about the Scott Scale 930 Bike, then read on!
What is the Scott Scale 930 Bike?
The Scott Scale 930 is a highly capable hardtail mountain bike designed for cross-country riding and racing. It is equipped with several features that make it an excellent choice for riders looking to get the most out of their bike.
The Scale 930 features a lightweight and efficient carbon fiber frame that is ideal for cross-country riding. The bike is also equipped with a FOX 32 Float Rhythm 100mm fork, which provides excellent suspension and handling. Additionally, the bike features a set of Syncros parts which include a handlebar, stem, and Seatpost that are all designed to provide the rider with a high-quality riding experience.
The Scale 930 also features a set of high-quality Syncros X-25 TR rims that are designed to withstand the rigors of cross-country riding. The bike is also furnished with a set of Schwalbe Racing Kevlar tires that offer excellent traction and durability. Finally, the bike is equipped with Shimano XT-Deore 12-speed components, which offer reliable shifting and braking performance.
All in all, the Scott Scale 930 is a great choice for riders looking for a lightweight and efficient cross-country bike. The bike is equipped with everything you need to get the most out of your riding experience.
Who makes the Scott Scale 930 Bike?
The Scott Scale 930 Bike is made by a Swiss company, Scott Sports SA. The company has its main office in Givisiez, Switzerland, but also has branches in several other regions, including the United States, Europe, South Africa, India, etc. Besides making bicycles, Scott Sports SA is also involved in the production of sportswear, motorsports gear, and winter equipment.
Where is the Scott Scale 930 Bike manufactured?
Scott Sports SA outsources the manufacturing of most of its products, including the Scott Scale 930 Bike. The frame of the bike is manufactured in Taiwan and then transported to the company’s headquarters in Switzerland for final assembly. So, while the Scott Scale 930 Bike is technically made in Switzerland, most of its parts are sourced from other countries.
How much does it cost?
The Scott Scale 930 Bike retails for $2,200 USD. The bike is available in four frame sizes, including S, M, L, and XL. It is also available in three colors, wakame green, black, and Chandon beige.
What are the main features (advantages) of the Scott Scale 930 Bike?
The Scott Scale 930 Bike is indeed a great choice for beginner mountain bikers. It is one of the lightest entry-level mountain bikes that is also very efficient. The Scott Scale 930 boasts:
● Super Light Carbon Fiber frame construction; 12x148mm size with Fox suspension and an advanced shock standing damping system, perfect for aggressive riding.
● Float Rythym Fork; best-in-class with three modes, 15x110mm QR axle, and 44mm offset, guarantees a smooth and comfortable ride.
● An effective remote system; the SCOTT RideLoc Technology lets you easily switch between 3 modes while riding.
● Shimano Disc Brakes; amazing stopping power that can keep you safe while riding at high speeds.
● Schwalbe Racing Kevlar Tires; 29×2.25″ tires that provide great grip and stability on any terrain.
● Syncros Parts; seatpost, stem, handlebar, and seat (seat angle 73.6 deg) are all from Syncros, ensuring that you get the best quality parts for your bike.
● Syncros X-25 TR Rims; tubeless ready rims that are perfect for taking on any terrain.
● Shimano XT-Deore 12 Speed; a durable and reliable rear derailleur that can take on any terrain.
● Reliable crankset and handlebar; the Shimano FC-MT511-1 32T crankset is durable and reliable, while the Syncros Fraser 2.0 handlebar has pro lock on grips and gives you great control while riding.
● Optimal weight distribution; the bike has an overall weight of only 11.8 kg (with tubes), which is perfect for beginner mountain bikers. The maximum system weight (incl rider) is 128kg.
● Multiple frame size options; the bike is available in four frame sizes, ensuring that you can find the perfect fit for your body type.
● Availability in three colors; the bike is available in three colors, allowing you to choose the perfect look for your bike.
● Reasonable price; retailing for only $2,200 USD, the bike is very affordable, especially considering all of the features.
“We ran analysis and testing to optimize different shapes of the tubes on the whole frame along with accurate alignment of the carbon fibers. The result on the new Scale frame is specific, controlled flex in areas that increase rider comfort and guarantee optimal absorption of vibrations not only on the saddle but also when the riders standing up on the pedals.”scott-sports.com/global/en/product/scott-scale-930-bike
What are the disadvantages of the Scott Scale 930 Bike?
As with any product, there are always a few disadvantages. The main disadvantages of the Scott Scale 930 Bike include the following:
● Limited 5-years warranty for the frames; compared to other mountain bikes, the Scott Scale 930 Bike has a limited warranty of only 5-years for the frames.
● Made for speed junkies; if you’re not into riding fast, then this bike is probably not for you. It is designed for those who love to ride fast and push the limits.
● Not suitable for experienced mountain bikers; while the bike is great for beginner mountain bikers, experienced mountain bikers may find the bike to be too basic and not challenging enough.
● The bike is not available in all regions; while the bike is available in most developed countries, it is not available in all regions of the world.
Where can you buy the Scott Scale 930 Bike?
The Scott Scale 930 Bike is available both in-store and online. You can find a store near you by using the Scott Sports Dealer Locator. You can also purchase the bike online from retailers such as mhw-bike, mantel, mtbdatabase, fitstore24, etc. However, it is advisable to purchase the bike from a certified Scott retailer to ensure that you are getting a genuine product.
Is the Scott Scale 930 bike worth it?
The Scott Scale 930 bike is an excellent choice for beginner mountain bikers. It is packed with features that are perfect for those just starting out, such as the lightweight frame, Shimano disc brakes, and tubeless-ready rims. Syncros components combine to make for an efficient racing machine. It is also very affordable, retailing for only $2,200 USD. However, experienced mountain bikers may find the bike to be too basic and not challenging enough and the warranty is limited to only 5-years for the frames. Overall, if you’re looking for a beginner-friendly mountain bike that won’t break the bank, the Scott Scale 930 Bike is definitely worth considering.
To sum up, the Scott Scale 930 Bike is definitely a great choice for beginner mountain bikers. It is one of the lightest entry-level mountain bikes that is also very efficient. Some of its main advantages include a durable and reliable rear derailleur, optimal weight distribution, great control while riding, and multiple frame size options. However, there are a few disadvantages, such as a limited warranty and the fact that it is not available in all regions. Overall, the bike is a great choice for those looking to get into mountain biking.
What do you think? Have you ridden the Scott Scale 930 Bike before? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
You might also be interested in our following bike reviews: